|Sourceemail@example.com (Stephanie da Silva)|
|Time to prepare||Unspecified|
|Time to cook||Unspecified|
|No. of servings|
|Ingredients||1 lb bnls, skinless chicken breast, cut in bite-size pieces
2-3 c fresh veggies: mushrooms, asparagus, onions, zuccini, ...
2 potatoes, peeled and cut in pieces, pre-cooked
1-2 carrots, cut in bite-size pieces, pre-cooked
1/2 c or so frozen peas
1-2 T veg. oil
1 T red curry paste
1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
3-4 T fish sauce
1-2 T sugar
1 T yellow curry powder
1/2 c water or chicken stock
1/2 bay leaf
|Instructions||1A. Pre-cook potatoes and carrots. Dont cook them too done, since they will simmer with the main dish later.
1. Cut boneless, skinless chicken breast into bite-size pieces.
2. Wash and cut fresh vegetables into bite-size pieces.
3. In a heavy saucepan on medium heat, heat the veg. oil, red curry paste, and about one third of the coconut milk. Heat 5-10 minutes, stirring, until it forms a thin gravy.
4. Turn the heat to high, add the chicken, and cook until the chicken is half cooked, maybe five minutes.
5. Add the fish sauce, sugar, salt, and rest of the coconut milk, and nmix well.
6. Stir in the curry powder, potatoes, carrots, and water/stock. If desired, add 1/s bay leaf. Let simmer just a minute or two.
7. Add the fresh vegetables and the frozen peas, and let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, until fresh veggies are just done.
8. Serve (with jasmine rice...).
|[ Home |