|Source||jkandell@Violet.CCIT.Arizona.EDU (Jonathan Kandell)|
|Time to prepare||Unspecified|
|Time to cook||Unspecified|
|No. of servings|
|Ingredients||1 onion minced
2 T grated ginger
1 or 2 red bell peppers, sliced
1 green bell pepper
green hot peppers to taste, minced [ i use 5 serannos]
2 C cooked spinach [fresh tastes better than frozen]
2 t garam masala [home made tastes much better]
1/2 t turmeric
paneer made from 8 C milk, or tofu
|Instructions||1. Make paneer from 8 C milk. (Bring it to boil, lower heat.
Add 3 T + of lemon juice till it curdles. Pour off whey and
collect curds in cheesecloth and collander. Gather up and let drip for 1 hour, then press under heavy weight while still in
cheesecloth for 30 minutes.)
2. Cut paneer into 1/2 by 1/2 by 1 inch shapes and let dry a
few minutes on paper towel. Fry in 4 T oil until lightly browned. Dont burn. Put aside.
3. Add 2 T oil to pan and fry onions till brown, about 20
minutes. Add ginger and turmeric and fry 2 minutes more. Add hot peppers minced.
4. Puree spinach and green pepper in blender till smooth and velvetty.
5. Add spinach/green pepper blend, mix well. Add salt. Add red pepper slices, cover , cook another 2 minutes.
6. Add in paneer pieces and garam masala. Cook some more. Adjust spices.
7. Add 2 T more oil if desired to smooth sauce.
|[ Home |