|Description||An Indian curry with some traditional vegetables and some new-world additions. An exotic, flavorful, yougurt dish, with crunchy nuts, spice and tropical fruit. Low in fat and high in fiber and carbohydrates.|
|Time to prepare||Unspecified|
|Time to cook||Unspecified|
|No. of servings||4-5|
|Ingredients||almond, 3 tablespoons, chips (add more if you like)
bell-pepper, 1 in big chunks
carrots, 2 whole boiled (no too soft)
cayene pepper, 2 whole
cinnamon, 2 tablespoons, powdered
cloves, 6 whole
curry powder, 4 tablespoons (plus-or-minus to taste)
garlic, 3 cloves, minced
ginger, 1 teaspoons, minced
mushroom, 3 cups, halved
nutmeg, 1 teaspoon, grated
oil, 1 teaspoon (omit if desired)
onion, 2 large in big chunks
peanuts, 3 tablespoons, crushed
pinapple, 1/2 cup shredded
potatoes, 3 whole, boiled (not too soft)
salt, 3 teaspoons
sugar, 2 teaspoons
tomatoes, 4 large, ripe, diced
vegetable stock, 1 cup
white flour, 1/2 cup (used for thickening)
yougurt, 2 cups
|Instructions||1) Bring vegetable stock to a boil in a wok. (yes, we like this better)
2) Add onions, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, mushrooms, bell-pepper to stock and cook until slightly soft (about 2 minutes).
3) Add curry powder, cayene, boiled potatoes, boiled carrots and mix and cook slightly (about 3 minutes).
4) Add yougurt and mix (cook 1 minute)
5) Add cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, sugar, salt, oil and mix (cook 1 minute)
6) Add peanuts, almonds and pinapple and mix (cook 1 minute)
7) Mix slowly, being careful not to breakup big pieces of vegetables.
8) Add white flower as needed to thicken the sauce.
9) Taste and adjust flavors as needed with above ingredients
10) Cook at low heat for atleast 10 minutes, longer if you
can control yourself.
Serve over warm, fluffy and fragrant basmati rice with a side of favorite bread (naan preferable).
Remove cayene, whole cloves before serving.
|[ Home |