|Description||Aloo Rasdars main ingredient is potatoes, with onions and tomatoes playing a supporting role. "Aloo" means potato in Hindi. It is a spicy dish which goes well with parathas, naan or plain-wheat tortillas.|
|Time to prepare||Unspecified|
|Time to cook||Unspecified|
|No. of servings||3-6|
|Ingredients||6 large potatoes, cut into about 6 to 8 chunks each.
2 cup fresh or frozen green peas, the smaller the better
3 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
2 medium sized onions, diced
2 green chili peppers, chopped
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 clove garlic
a few stalks of cilantro and assorted herbs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup water
|Instructions||1. Pressure cook potato chunks and peas for about 6 minutes.
2. Dice onions, chop ginger, green chili and garlic.
3. Heat a little oil, add onions and saute till golden. Add chopped ginger, chopped garlic and chopped green chili now and saute.
4. Add turmeric powder, cayenne pepper powder and garam masala powder. Stir continuously until thoroughly mixed.
5. Add chopped tomatoes. Saute until tomato pieces are wilted.
6. Add potatoes, peas from pressure cooker. Top with 1-and-1/2 cups of water. Add salt according to your taste. Simmer on low heat until gravy thickens slightly.
7. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, squeeze a few drops of lemon juice and serve hot.
|[ Home |